Origins of Phambili Mzansi_
Phambili Mzansi originated out of a progressive conversation between four close friends. The discussion asked the question “why is it that African states fail?”’. The answer that was brought forward in the case of South Africa looked at 3 main elements:
- The generational change in leadership that is currently taking place in South Africa.
- The development of our young South African leaders.
- The transferring of wisdom.
With the four friends being determined to be the change that they wanted to see for the African continent and South Africa in particular, Phambili Mzansi was created with the intention to try and effect that change. Setting out to create a space which can facilitate positive and progressive intergenerational conversation where wisdom and energy can be shared became the dream that the four friends shared.
The ‘INDABA’ which will take place annually aims to provide the platform for facilitating the positive and authentic intergenerational exchange with a focus on various key topics. The conference which will host 150 of South Africa’s brightest young minds will offer a truly unique and African experience in its attempt to build the leaders of tomorrow. Added to this the ‘INDABA’ will provide its delegates with:
- The opportunity to gain knowledge from influential leaders across a wide spectrum of fields.
- The opportunity to network with strong industry leaders.
- Funding and mentorship for small businesses in an attempt to pump small to medium sized companies into our economy every year.
- The opportunity to create 10 projects which aim to solve socio-economic challenges that our country faces.
The ‘INDABA’ will look at the following topics aiming to provide delegates with extensive knowledge in:
- Governing - Business & Economy
- Women Empowerment
- Sports, Arts & Culture
- Social Cohesion
- The African Identity
Phambili Mzansi will connect people, link knowledge and utilise resources in its bid to become the conduit for action in South Africa. This change will begin with and be driven by the youth as it is BACKED UP by Phambili Mzansi.